Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Buyer Beware

I love lists. I love making them. I love crossing things off of them. I have seen a book titled Lists to Live By and felt deeply intrigued. So, I've decided to make some lists here on my blog...mostly just for entertainment. I'd like to begin with my personal list of banned businesses. Let me explain. I have very strong feelings about customer service. I try to be reasonable, however, I get deeply upset by excessively poor work ethic or outright rudeness when I am a customer or consumer at a business establishment. I DO understand that people have bad days, but I will be honest and say that I don't have much sympathy. I have worked at a variety of locations as a part-time employee, including fast-food, clothing retail, and a grocery store. I know that rudeness can be found on both sides of the cash register. As an employee at any one of those locations, I have been treated like a child with my finger in my nose. So, I do understand that it is not always easy to put on a happy face. In fact, that's really not even a source of irritation for me. I do not expect to be entertained or even welcomed into any business. I only want to be served professionally and as efficiently as possible. With that said, I have been known to ban businesses. Because I know that people are what make or break any company, and people are inconsistent, I am always willing to give a place a second chance. However, if I deal with the same problem more than once at a location, they are forever banned. Does this solve anything? Absolutely not. However, it does make me feel better. Just for kicks, here are the businesses that are forever banned (and you would be wise to heed this list as a warning for yourself):

1. Chik-fil-A on Evans St. in Greenville, NC
2. IHOP on Evans St. in Greenville, NC

3. CVS Pharmacy on Firetower Rd. in Greenville, NC
4. Meijer on Hwy 135 in Greenwood, IN


Endangered Species: These businesses have nearly pushed me over the edge, but some places are difficult to ban because I love them so much.

1. Sonic in Holly Springs, NC for taking twenty minutes to make a
kid's slush
2. Kid 2 Kid in Apex, NC for hiring teenagers with SAT scores as big as their bra sizes which is
easier to assess since their bras are literally more visible than their clothes.

3 comments:

  1. You know this is all going into your book later, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may publish this after I am dead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Count me in on the "banning movement"!

    ReplyDelete