Sunday, January 10, 2010

Virtually Revealing

If you have a Facebook account, you may have noticed status updates that just list colors. I'm a little more out of the loop now that I am not teaching teenagers, but it didn't take much research to discover that these status updates are the colors of the bras worn by the updatees. (I know that's not a word.) Bra colors, people. Yes, now we are so self-absorbed we think our friends and acquaintances (let's be honest about the fact that no one can actually be close friends with 300 people) care about our underwear. I am sorry if this is offensive to you because you thought it was fun to let everyone know what color underwear you have on. Notice: it's immodest and lame. Unless you are getting on a plane with a bomb in your underpants, no one really needs to know about what you have on under your clothes. I realize it is equally self-absorbed of me to think that anyone would care about my opinion on this matter, but I wanted to share a link to a blog entry on this subject that I thought was educational and persuasive. If you don't agree with me about all of this, that's okay. However, I encourage you to at least be informed that this is more than a tactless game. Copy and paste the following link into your web browser if you are interested in learning more. http://www.blogher.com/name-awareness-fb-color-meme

No comments:

Post a Comment